Monday 8 February 2010

Bits & Bobs

Ok first off I'd like to say congats to Truth for not only being 3 years deep in this promotion thing but also for putting on another dope hiphop show and cobbling a half decent band together in the process! To be honest if I ever get married I'm gonna book Millionaires By Morning for a rap covers set, Common's 'The Light' had me signing along on my own, and their funked up version of Truth's 'Pass It' was also another highlight. Jack Flash I have to say gave the most professional performance of the night, he was the most concise with his mic and after spraying over an array of beats and tempos the crowd definitely should've showed a bit more appreciation. Stig did his usual shouty thing and then didn't come to Krazy Kitchens with us, which by the way, is THE best kebab shop in The IP. They even do falafel with feta cheese and olives, suck on that vegetarians!
The next evening saw me and Deafman go back to back on an old skool garage flex in Fire on the warmup for Devlin. To be honest I'm not normally a fan of playing that club but the boys sorted some decent monitors and an alright system so fair cop. They'd also brought in the newest Pioneer CDJs (2000s I believe) and boy did they look shiny and expensive, I only took vinyl so I can't give you a review on those I'm afraid, by the looks of things you'd need a good session to get used to all the features. Zeuts used them but the same way he'd use the 1000s 800s or 400s so couldn't gimmie any more info! I got there early and was kinda bored and broke by the time Devlin came on but I did stay to watch a couple of tracks including 'London City' (which he changed to 'Ipswich City' - we're a town mate, do your research!). The crowd we're showing love but I'm guessing Cloud 9 lost a few heads when they changed headliner from Newham Generals, anyway it's nice to see some underground music pulling 200 or so people into a club in Ipswich, Troopa wants to get me more involved with the nights so we'll see how it pans out over the next few months.
This wednesday see's me DiDi and Deafman orbit half the M25 to reach Reading on some 3 way DJ pissup, we're on right after Nero so a real good slot to get, and I think we're gonna do another hour earlier on in the night, we're likely to play funky, dubstep, garage and jungle so if that tickles your fancy come join the Ipswich massive on tour!

facebook event

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment