Friday 29 January 2010

Got Low

Finally got to one of the Get Low nights at Po Na Na in Norwich last night, they've had some big names come through in the last few months & I've been meaning to go for ages. Tomb Crew who I've seen in Nottingham a couple of times, played pretty much what I expected which was party/jump up dubstep so I was looking forward to some atmospheric, moody, half-step D&B and dub from Breakage.
But alas, he started with "Hard ft. Newham Generals" (fair play, its massive) and followed it up with loads of wobble dubstep, seriously disappointed with the set. It didn't sound like the tunes he produces at all, could've been any DJ behind those turntables & I was hoping he would switch it up for the last 20 minutes but no luck there. I don't know if he got told "It's a student gig", which it mostly is, and then decided to play this middle of the road 'Johnny Dubstep' set, something which I see more and more DJs doing at the moment.
No disrespect to the Get Low boys in any way, it was a good night, I would definitely recommend it and go again myself.
But as DiDi put it "I thought Breakage would at least be boring and interesting, not boring and shit."


Out to the scumbag who nicked our drinks from the bar while we had our back turned. LOW, f**king LOW

No comments:

Post a Comment